Sunday 19 May 2013

Wish list - Newcastle

I thought I would try something a little different as I've been working on the same quilt for quite a while now and I don't feel like I'm posting enough entries in this blog.  So, I fancied making a wish list of things with a very loosely interpreted theme.  Today, things from my adopted home city of Newcastle upon Tyne!

Newcastle tram / bus scroll vintage style poster print
Newcastle Bus Scroll Print - from destinationprintsuk on Etsy.  There's something about these prints that seems timeless - I probably have enough transport related posters in my home but there's always room for some more! 

Porcelain lace heart dish
Porcelain Lace Heart Dish - by Jessicacatherinecreates on Folksy.  Isn't this gorgeous? I love seeing lace on ceramics, and the red makes it stand out.  So pretty! The seller also has lots of other ceramic designs on her shop page - some would look lovely on a Christmas tree (never to early to start buying for Christmas, I say...)

Limited Edition Giclee Print of 'Usain' Hare (edition of 100)

Limited Edition Giclee Print of 'Usain' Hare (edition of 100) by Gina Gelder Illustration.  I love anything rabbit/hare like and I think that this print is beautiful. One to save up for! Check out her shop for some lovely squirrel prints, too.

Quirky kitsch Playmobil light pull ( lightpull, lamp pull )
Playmobil Light pull - Welcome to Dodds Design Shop.  All I can say is, I absolutely love Playmobil as a kid and would've given anything for one of these - several designs available and great value too!


Pair of comic book table place mats
Pair of comic book table place mats - Theupcycler.  I have a soft spot for old comics (and I used to read both the Dandy and the Beano).  How great would these be in a retro themed kitchen diner?

Iconic Newcastle/Gatehead Cufflinks
Iconic Newcastle/Gateshead Angel of the North Cufflinks - Alison Wiffen Ceramics.  It would be rude to have Newcastle post without the Tyne Bridge featuring, eh! Very stylish - a great gift for Father's day, perhaps? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment