So I finally finished the patchwork top layer for Arran's quilt last night. It's close enough to the recommended 54"x90" for a single bed that I've been aiming for. I was over an hour late going to see the boyfriend play his pool match as I "just had a little bit more to do" and wanted to get this part done before the weekend when I plan on wrestling with the wadding.
I've ordered a few more sewing machine feet - the "darning foot - open toe". I think this is the right one for free motion embroidery. I must look up what needle to use. When I popped into Just Quilting yesterday (see previous post) the lady gave me lots of advice about the best way to bind and make a mitred edge for a neat finish. They are having a free-motion demonstration drop-in session next Saturday but I will be away at a wedding. I'll be going to the next one whenever it may be! The lady also very kindly gave me some wadding remnants to practice on. That's my weekend sorted!